The dates for the Kent and Medway Armed Forces Network Service Champions Training in 2019 have now been announced and they will take place as follows:
- Wednesday 13 February 2019 at the Army Reserve Centre in Maidstone
- Tuesday 30 April 2019 at the Army Reserve Centre in Rochester
- Wednesday 5 June 2019 at the Army Reserve Centre in Canterbury
This award winning training has been running since 2011 in Sussex and has also been rolled out into Kent and Medway since October 2016. The training allows for the needs of the Armed Forces community to be embedded as part of normal practice rather than having standalone services which are unsustainable and helps enable organisations to meet the promise from the Nation under the Armed Forces Covenant to ensure that those who are serving or have served and their families are treated fairly.
At the end of the training it is hoped that each delegate will be a Service Champion for the Armed Forces community within their organisation/department/team and
- better understand how to engage with the Armed Forces community
- understand how they can support their organisation to help this group
- understand how they can gain support from other services/charities
- reinforce the integration between communities
The course is offered free of charge on a first come first served basis although a fee of £50 is charged for non-attendance once a place has been booked.
You can book your place now below.