Do you work with or interact with anyone in the Armed Forces Community, whether it be serving or ex-serving personnel, veterans or their families?
The Kent and Medway Armed Forces Network is happy to announce that they are now able to deliver Armed Forces Mental Health First Aid training in support of the Armed forces Community. Everyone on the course is taught a set of skills which enable them to support someone experiencing a mental health issue.
Armed Forces MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but as a trained Mental Health First Aider you will be equipped to support someone on a first aid basis.
Whilst this training usually costs £330 per person we are able to offer this free of charge courtesy of funding from NHS England. It is aimed at those without a mental health background to provide the skills to enable you to support someone on a first aid basis.
How to apply:
There are a set number of places for each 2 day course and you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to register for one of our courses. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
The dates available are as follows:
Mon 31 Oct and Tues 1 Nov 2016
- Education Centre Conquest Hospital, The Ridge, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex TN37 7RD
Wed 2 Nov and Thurs 3 Nov 2016 FULLY BOOKED
- Clair Hall, Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 3DN
Thurs 10 and Mon 14 Nov 2016
- Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6JQ
Mon 21 Nov and Tues 22 Nov 2016 FULLY BOOKED
- Worthing Health Education Centre, Park Avenue, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 2HR
Mon 5 Dec and Tues 6 Dec 2016
- Hall Place, Harbledown, Canterbury, CT2 9AG
Thurs 26 Jan and Tues 31 Jan 2017 FULLY BOOKED
- RBLI Capel Morris Centre, Hall Rd, Aylesford ME20 7NL